The Kingdom of Asturias was a small country in northern Iberian Peninsula. After the Muslims under the Umayyad Caliphate conquered most part of the Peninsula in 711, the remaining Christians fled towards the mountains in the north. In 722, King Pelagius led a successful revolution and established the Kingdom of Asturias. This was the kingdom that began the Reconquista, which finished in 1492, when Castile conquered Granada, and the last Muslims were expelled from Iberia.
Asturias turned into Leon in 925, when the capital city was moved from Oviedo to Leon. Later, Leon merged with Castile; then later Castile merged with Aragon and annexed Navarra. This is why Asturias is considered the birthplace of what would later become Castile and Spain
Form Spanish Nation Militarily Edit
- Primary culture is in the Iberian Culture Group or
- Primary culture is Basque
- Is not:
- Spain does not exist
- Has an Administrative Technology of at least 10.
- Is not in the Muslim religion group.
- Is not a colonial nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a steppe nomad
- An Islamic nation does not own a province in Iberia
- Owns core provinces: Barcelona (213), Zaragoza (214), Castilla La Vieja (215), Salamanca (216), Sevilla (224), Toledo (219), València (220), Granada (223).
- Country changes to Spain
- (If owned) Madrid becomes the new capital.
- Gain a permanent claim on all non owned provinces of Iberia, except the areas of: Alentejo, Beiras, Macaronesia.
- Set government rank to Kingdom if Duchy.
- If an HRE member and not an elector, leave the empire.
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
Leonese Ideas and TraditionsEdit
- +10% National Tax Modifier
- +2 Tolerance of the True Faith
- Heritage of the Reconquista: +0.5% Yearly Army Traditions
- Leonese Cortes: -1 National Unrest
- Conquest of the New World: +1 Colonists
- School of Salamanca: -10% Idea Cost
- Expand the Leonese Navy: +25% Navy Force Limit Modifier
- Patronize the Leonese Language: +1 Yearly Prestige
- Leonese Nationalism: +10% Infantry Combat Ability
- +10% Production Efficiency